Saturday, January 26, 2008

Singing???

So, this "I want to be joyful" thing - it's pretty darn amazing! I just keep saying it over and over again, and you know what? It's working! Any time in the last 2 days that I have started to get frustrated, or mad over something silly, I was able to stop and say "I want to be joyful", and pray just a quick simple prayer "God, please help me see the joy in this situation", and poof, I calmed down and moved on. I can't tell you how wonderful this is when dealing with those "pre-school moments" i have with our little lady! Sure, there have been some things in the last 2 days that i just don't get, and that simply make me angry. Even still, I am now able to stop and pray about these things, and while I may still be sad or angry, I felt this calmness that God will take care of it.

I have not perfected being joyful, but I'm working on it!

Today, when I would typically be in a frenzy because I was having a houseful of company to celebrate my Mom's birthday, I found myself dancing and SINGING in my kitchen with my four year old! Now, I will sing to the radio, but I never quite get as into it as I found myself today! And I just didn't care that company would be arriving in 15 minutes and we still didn't have everything perfect! I was joyful! Oh, let me tell you, my little girl had fun, and so did I! We also discovered that our little bean discovered how to really laugh out loud today (at 6 months old!), so this made us just keep going!
I will also tell you that this was the first time that I have had company where things just seemed to flow. I had no stress, no pressure, it was just plain fun. I know, I know. DUH! I'm a little slow to accept what I know is true. I finally let it go, and just let God run the day. And, much to my amazement, it worked! Go figure! Now, the real trick will be to see if I can keep it up!
I'll try to give an update next week!

No comments: