Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think this would count, and I really can't wait to share it!

This is going to be an extremely difficult Thanksgiving for my family. We toyed for a brief moment about not doing it, but we realize that we must keep going. Jon would want it that way. We are going to my parents house, and although my mom wants to cook and be a busy little bee, there are some things that she just can't do this year. Usually, there would be a tray of baked ziti because Jon did not eat turkey! (Or any of the YUMMY things that go with it!) So, he'd eat his ziti, and cornbread. I know, weird! She also could not bring herself to buy the little blue box of Jiffy corn muffin mix. We all agreed we needed to have it, so I was elected to do it. I volunteered, really. I need to do something to ease the burden, so I figured I'd conquer that fear and get it over with. Oh, there are still things I can't buy - pop tarts and pizza rolls. Those two things were always on hand in case Jon was around and hungry! Can't even touch them now.
So, I went to the grocery store, much against my will, on my way home yesterday. I plowed through my list, nicely avoiding the corn muffin mix. When I had finally gotten everything on my list, I took a deep breath and went for it. I prayed all the way down the aisle. When I got there, I stopped, and with a tear in my eye, I actually laughed! Just seeing the box reminded me of how silly I always thought it was that the boy who hated anything to do with cooking would faithfully make his corn muffins every week. He always did look silly to me when he was in the kitchen. I laughed, and I thanked my God for helping me find a wonderful memory from something I was so afraid to do!
That wasn't my real EG Moment though. When I was walking out of the store, there was a lady, with beautiful white & silver hair standing just outside. I slowed my pace, not sure if she was waiting for someone, or if she had maybe forgotten where her car was (Had that experience once before!). As I got closer to her, she turned and faced me and I simply smiled, still not sure why this sweet woman was just standing there in the cold. Well, she looked me right in the eye and said, you will have a wonderful holiday, and enjoy your cooking! I hope that I didn't look as shocked as I felt for that split second! I thanked her, and told her I hoped hers would be just as happy. I walked to my car with a much lighter heart as I went home to set about my "cooking" preparations.
Thank you, Jesus, for putting some angels here for us!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a cool EG moment! Yes, indeed! Glad you shared, as you just blessed my heart!