Wednesday, November 14, 2007



I've done some reading about LWW, and I think it's something I'd like to get involved in. I've been trying to do some things to get healthy in general, and I do have a pretty large support system for all of it, but I think it might be nice to have some support that knows Jesus!

I have some goals, and I'm being brutally honest here, because there would be no sense in doing it if I wasn't!

My long term goals are these:

To make the time each and every day to have my quiet time. (At the moment, my quiet time consists of reading the devotionals over at Extravagant Grace, which are perfect for my quiet time. The problem is that I am reading them with a 4 year old singing and a 4 month old on my lap!)
To make it to the gym three times a week! (And stay for at least 30 minutes!)
To count my points. I am currently going to Weight Watchers, and I absolutely love it, but I tend to be pretty lax when counting. I have five more pounds until goal, and I'd love to get there in the next three weeks!
To quit smoking. I know, I know, I hear the gasps. I do terrible guilt about it. I quit when I found out I was pregnant, and then, my brother was gone. Like I said, I have a lot of work to do, and that's a big thing for me. Please pray for me that when March comes around, I will keep the promise I made to my husband and to God. March 20th. There, I did it. I said it out loud. I know, why not now. Well, I still have a lot of "firsts" to get through before March. The grief outweighs my ability to let go and let God right now. So, I am on a journey, and it's going to be a long one!
To run a mile without stopping. Some of you know just how much I love to run...I'd rather eat brussel sprouts!

My goals for the next week: (I guess from today until next Wednesday?)

Quiet time each day
Count my points
Get to the gym three times (or at least do a home workout!)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey girl, how are those goals happening this week? I seem to be pushing mine to the back of my mind, and struggling with food has been the worst of it. We have brownies around that have been torturing me for days! I need to just throw them out!